Being Loved at Home Part 8- Submitting to One Another
Christian husbands love to quote that the wife is supposed to submit to her husband. Is it true? “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.” Ephesians 5:22. So it is true! BUT, that isn’t the end of the story by far. Many men use this scripture to lord it over their wife. That’s not what this scripture is all about. You might say there are conditions to this scripture. Like so many other scriptures there are conditions that we tend to like to skip over. But we can’t pick and choose to twist scripture to our own devices, so our wife will serve us hand and foot.
Let’s look at the whole context to get a better idea how it’s supposed to work in the Christian home. Ephesians 5:22-33
22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body,[d] of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”[e] 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.
1. I want to point out that the wife is to submit to her own husband. Not someone else and not the Pastor of the church either. The husband is to be the head of the home.
2. In order for this submission to happen, the wife must understand that the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church. The Christian wife will willingly and happily do this when the husband is doing his part. Which leads us to #3
3. Husbands love your wife as your own body. When you love your wife, it’s like loving yourself. The world puts it in these terms “When mama’s happy, everyone is happy!” And it’s true! When the husband (man) takes on the leadership of the home (of the woman) he will treat her as good as he treats himself. He will take care of all her needs that he possibly can. A wife has a lot of needs for the husband to meet. She needs to feel loved (love is an action, not just a word). If she’s had a hard day and her body is sore, he will minister to her with a good back rub, foot rub, etc. If she’s not feeling well, he will take up the slack and cook for the kids, clean the house, etc. In other words he will treat her like a queen. When he does this consistently, the wife will see he’s not trying to lord it over her, but treat her with love and respect, she too will gladly follow if she is submitting to God’s word. (If she’s in rebellion to God, more than likely you will not have a submission woman no matter how well you treat her. But you are still to treat her as your own body according to scriptures and by doing this she will see Christ in you and come to repentance in following both God and you, as you follow Christ. The same goes the other way around if the husband isn’t being Christ in the home and in rebellion, the wife is still to love him and submit to him as unto the Lord in hopes to see him follow Christ).
4. A man is to cut the apron strings to his mother when he marries. Mama’s cooken may be wonderful, but you’re to leave your mother and be one with your wife.
5. A marriage is between a man and woman. Notice, first of all, I said “marriage”. This scripture does NOT apply to a man and a woman who is “playing house”. They are living together and having sexual relations but they aren’t married. You cannot expect God to bless a relationship when you’re out of His will. Nor can you apply these scriptures to your man or woman out of context of a marriage.
6. A marriage is between a man and a woman. Not two men, not two women. I don’t care how many States or Countries make a “gay” marriage legal. It might be “legal” with the State, but it’s not legal with God. I’m sorry, but God judges homosexuality according to the Bible. If you want to be blessed, really blessed; you’ll need to end this type of relationship if you’re in one. “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.” Romans 1:26,27
God has an order to things and when we align ourselves with His word and His will we will see our lives blessed beyond measure! It’s when we get out of alignment that things break down. Just like when a cars tires get out of alignment the tires wear out quickly and you have to get new ones. I’d say that’s the same with a marriage. God intended it to be for a lifetime though. Divorce is never His will, but if you’ve ever been divorced you know the heartache it causes with everyone involved. I want you to know though that if you’re reading this and have already been divorced, God can heal your heart and forgive you also. You can start a new with God. He only wants the very best for our lives. I want His best for my life, my wife’s life, my children; and my grandchildren. How about you?
Inspiring you to have more Wealth and Riches in every area of your life,
Dexter BlackPin It