There’s a lot we have to take on faith when it comes to God and even The Holy Bible. When we ask questions such as “Where did God come from” and the answer is “He always has been,” then we must realize that some things concerning God are beyond our own comprehension. With that being said I don’t believe we have to turn off our brains to be believers. On the contrary, if you study the Bible you will realize that it’s divided up into different books all contained in one whole called The Bible. Also, scholars have figured out when each book or at least approximately when each one was written. From this, we can see that there are prophecies that tell about Jesus hundreds of years spaced apart between each book before He actually was born. These prophecies are found in different books of the Bible. I’m going to list some of these prophecies and as you read them, I simply ask that you think about them. I believe you will come to the same conclusion as I have many decades ago. That the Bible’s author really is God Himself and His word really was inspired by Him and written by man’s hand (with the exception of The 10 Commandments which was written by God Himself). Okay, onward. Each of the listed prophecies came about just as it said, with the exception of Jesus coming back again, which hasn’t taken place yet.
The Scripture said that Jesus would be born of the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10).
He would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2)
He would be born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14).
He would be called out of Egypt (Hosea 11:1)
He would be a profit (Deuteronomy 18:18)
His own people would reject Him (Isaiah 53:3)
He would be betrayed and sold for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11:12)
He would be put to death by crucifixion (Psalm 22)
The soldiers would cast lots for His clothing (Psalm 22:18)
He would be raised from the dead (Psalm 16:10)
He would ascend into Heaven (Psalm 68:18)
Also we see the story of Jesus traced through the Bible:
- In Genesis, He is the Seed of the woman.
- In Exodus, He is the Passover Lamb.
- In Leviticus, He is the Atoning Sacrifice.
- In Numbers, He is the Smitten Rock.
- In Deuteronomy, He is the Prophet.
- In Joshua, He is the Captain of the Lord’s hosts.
- In Judges, He is the Deliverer.
- In Ruth, He is the Heavenly Kinsman.
- In 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings and 1 and 2 Chronicles, He is the Promised King.
- In Nehemiah, He is the Restorer of the nation.
- In Ester, He is the Advocate.
- In Job, He is my Redeemer.
- In Psalms, He is my Song.
- In Proverbs, He is Wisdom.
- In Ecclesiastes, He is my Goal.
- In the Song of Solomon, He is my Satisfier.
- In the Prophets, He is the coming Prince of Peace.
- In the Gospels, He is God in Christ Jesus, come to redeem.
- In Acts, He is alive in the church.
- In the Epistles, He is Christ at the Father’s right hand.
- In Revelation, He is the Mighty Conqueror.
A thinking man or woman will figure out that it was humanly impossible for such precise predictions to be fulfilled way before Jesus was born. But what is impossible with man, is possible with God.
I hope this will help you with any doubts you may have concerning the validity of God’s word.
God loves you so much. He wants to have a relationship with you. If you’re not Born Again, I’d like to invite you to come to Jesus Christ today and be saved. God calls you to turn away from sin and trust Jesus as your Lord and Savior. If you will do that, God promises to give you a new beginning and a new life that is both abundant and eternal. Right now, wherever you are, you can begin a relationship with God. It’s the most important thing you’ll ever do.
Watch this quick Video in giving your life to God.
Inspiring you to have Wealth and Riches in every area of your life,